Yield: 8 -10 servin
2½-3 lbs Potatoes 2 c. water 1 ¾ c. milk ⅛ tsp saffron 2 tbsp boiling water ½ c. chopped onion 1 c. chopped celery ¼ c.
butter ½ loaf white bread, cubed 3 eggs, beaten 2 tsp salt ⅛ tsp pepper
1. Peel & cube potatoes. Cook in 2 c. water. Drain & mash with 1 c.
milk. Set Aside
2. Soak saffron in boiling water. Set aside.
3. Saute onion & celery in butter until soft. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, toss together bread, eggs, salt, pepper, ¾ c.
milk, & saffron. Add mashed potatoes & mix together with a large spoon until well blended.
5. Spoon into a 3 qt. casserole dish.
6. Cover & bake @ 350 for 1 hour or until heated through. This recipe is from Frances Musser, Newmanstown, PA.