Yield: 6 servings
|4||Cm square firm bean curd cake|
|1 cup||Vegetable or peanut oil|
|½ cup||Chicken breasts without skin|
|8 ounces||Vermicelli -- thin rice|
|½ cup||Baby prawns -- cooked &|
|2||Spring onions -- chopped|
|1 teaspoon||Garlic -- chopped|
|2||Eggs -- lightly beaten|
|¼ cup||White sugar|
|3 tablespoons||Lime juice|
|5 teaspoons||White vinegar|
|2½ tablespoon||Fish sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Chili powder -- mild|
|½ cup||Bean sprouts -- fresh,|
|6||Garlic chives -- cut in 5cm|
1. Heat oil in a wok. Cut bean curd into thin theads and fry until crisp on surface. Remove and set aside.
2. Fry chicken until it changes colour. Remove and set aside.
3. Fry noodles until expanded, crisp and white. Remove & drain.
4. Pour off all by 2 tbls of oil nad stire fry prawns, spring onions and garlic for 1 1/2min. Remove and set aside.
5. Pour beaten egg into pan and break up in wok. Remove when firm and wipe out wok.
6. Pour sugar, lime juice, vinegar, water and fish sauce into wok and bring to boil. Add chilli and cook for 1½ min. Add fried noodles and toss in sauce until completely coated.
7. Add bean curd, chicken, prawns, onions, garlic and eggs. Heat through gently, stiring until hot for about 3min.
8. Pile noodels into serving place and garnish with sprouts and garlic chives.
Recipe By : Nila Sweeney