Yield: 10 Servings
|¾ cup||Reduced fat graham cracker crumbs|
|1 tablespoon||Margarine; melted|
|1 teaspoon||Instant coffee crystals; dissolved in|
|2 teaspoons||Boiling water; cooled slightly|
|1 cup||Nonfat cottage cheese; well-drained OR low-fat cottage cheese|
|1⅓ cup||Plain nonfat yogurt cheese OR vanilla flavored yogurt|
|8 ounces||Lowfat cream cheese; softened|
|2 teaspoons||Grated orange peel|
|½ teaspoon||Almond extract|
|¾ cup||Nonfat sour cream|
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray 8-inch springform pan with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Set aside. In medium mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients.
Press mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
2. Place cottage cheese in food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
Add remaining filling ingredients. Process just until blended, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Pour filling into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or just until cake is firm around edges but still shiny and slightly soft in center.
3. Cool cheesecake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, increase oven temperature to 425F. In small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread evenly on cheesecake to within ½ inch of edges. Bake for 5 minutes. Immediately run a sharp knife between the cheesecake and the pan. Cool completely at room temperature.
4. (These steps help prevent cracking on the top of cheesecake.) Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight before serving. Garnish individual slices with orange peel or grated chocolate, if desired.
5. Tip: If bottom of springform pan is not a tight fit, place cheesecake on baking sheet before placing in oven.
PER SERVING: one 130g slice, or one-tenth; 211 calories using non-fat ingredients. 6 grams fat (26% cff).
Recipe from Healthy Choice, www.healthychoice.com RECIPE BOX (C) ConAgra Inc.
Notes: Mocha-Graham crust, orange and almonds, and lowfat! Suggested serving size would be hard to cut.
>from Pat Hanneman (Kitpath) Mar98 Recipe by: Healthy Choice: Desserts Mar98 Posted to EAT-LF Digest by KitPATh <phannema@...> on Mar 06, 1998