Yield: 1 servings
|1||285 g pkt Cauldron original tofu|
|6 ounces||Onion; very finely chopped|
|3||Vegetable stock cubes|
|3 ounces||Pine kernels|
|9 ounces||Cashew nuts; finely ground|
|2||Free-range eggs; beaten|
|½ teaspoon||White pepper|
|1 teaspoon||Dried thyme|
|3 ounces||Each of onion; carrot and leek,|
|½ pint||Tomato juice|
|4 tablespoons||Red wine|
|1||Bay leaf and a pinch of thyme|
|1 tablespoon||Brown rice miso|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
1. Drain tofu on kitchen paper and grate coarsely Line a 1½ pint loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Cook onion gently in butter until soft. Crumble in stock cubes, little by little. Mix well.
3. Fold onions, grated tofu and all other ingredients together. Transfer to prepared tin.
4. Bake at 170øC/325øF/Gas Mark 3 for approx 1 ¼ hours. Test with a skewer which should come out clean. Turn out and slice carefully, using a sharp, serrated knife.
5. Cook all the vegetables for the sauce in butter until soft and browned.
Add water, tomato juice, red wine and herbs. Simmer uncovered, for 30 minutes, then liquidise. Season with pepper and miso.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.