Yield: 4 servings
|2 ounces||Caster sugar|
|\N \N||Grated rind of 1 small lemon|
|4 ounces||Fresh white breadcrumbs|
|3 mediums||Size eggs|
|3 \N||Rounded tablespoons luxury mincemeat|
|\N \N||Glace cherries and angelica to decorate|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F or Gas Mark 4.
2. Pour the milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the butter, half the sugar and the lemon rind. Add the breadcrumbs, stir and leave for 20 minutes until the breadcrumbs swell into the milk.
3. Separate the eggs, whisk the yolks into the milk mixture and pour into a buttered 900ml (1½ pint) ovenproof dish, approximately 7cm (3 inches) deep. Bake in the preheated oven on the middle oven shelf for 30-35 minutes, until set.
4. Warm the mincemeat and carefully spread over the custard and breadcrumb base. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then whisk in the remaining sugar.
Spoon the meringue over the top of the pudding and decorate with glace cherries and angelica. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes, until golden.
5. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving. Delicious served with lightly whipped cream or crme frâiche. Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Try this traditional dessert at Christmas time with its addition of luxury mincemeat.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.