Yield: 1 servings
|2 pounds||Sea scallops|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|¼ tablespoon||Hot pepper flakes|
|2||Cloves garlic; finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon||White wine|
|1 tablespoon||Curry powder|
|1 small||Tomato; peeled seeded and|
|¼ cup||Heavy cream|
|2 tablespoons||Tabasco sauce|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 tablespoon||Parsley; finely chopped|
Emmy-Award Winning Kevin Mambo's "Sautéed Scallops In Wine Sauce" 1. First, pour some olive oil into one of the skillets on the range top.
2. Then, add the red pepper flakes, garlic and white wine.
3. Add all of the sea scallops to the skillet.
4. Cover the pan and let the scallops cook over med/high heat until the scallops become firm and opaque (2 to 4 min.) shaking the pan occasionally.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the scallops to a large serving bowl. Set aside, making sure to reserve some of the liquid.
6. Add 1 tbsp. oil and the curry powder to a small saucepan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the reserved scallop liquid to the saucepan of oil and curry by straining ¾ cup of it through a cheesecloth or a coffee filter.
8. To the same saucepan, add the tomato pieces, cream, Tabasco, salt, pepper and parsely, and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Spoon some of the scallops onto a plate and then pour contents of the small saucepan over scallops.
10. Serve with angel hair pasta, crusty bread, green salad and a lovely white wine.
Notes: Emmy-Award Winning Kevin Mambo's "Sauted Scallops In Wine Sauce" Kevin won an Emmy this year for "Outstanding Young Actor" as "Marcus Williams" on CBS's "Guiding Light." Born in Zimbabwe and raised in Saskatchewan, Canada, Kevin is also an accomplished musician.
© 1996 Lifetime Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.
MC Formatted using MC Buster by Barb at PK Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.