Yield: 4 servings
|Duck Fat or Water|
|500 grams||Split Yellow Peas|
|30 grams||Bacon Rind|
|30 grams||Chopped Onions|
|1 small||Clov Garlic|
|50 millilitres||White Wine|
|170 millilitres||Chicken Stock|
1. Place 2 legs in a tray, skin side down. Slice the garlic and place on top.
2. Crack six peppercorns and sprinkle on top with the thyme.
3. Place the other two legs on top, skin side up.
4. Add the brandy, port and Madeira and cover with cling film. Allow to stand for 24 hours.
5. Place all ingredients into a pan, cover with water or duck fat and cook slowly on top of stove for about 3 hours.
6. Take out the legs, remove the thigh bone season and crisp under the grill. Serve with pease pudding and melba toast.
7. Sweat the onions, garlic and bacon rind in a thick bottomed pan.
8. Add the peas and wine and reduce slightly.
9. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer till the peas are cooked.
10. Remove from the heat and beat until a rough paste is formed.
11. Season and serve.
12. Toast two slices of medium sliced bread and remove the crusts.
13. Split the bread into two between the two toasted sides and scrape the soft dough away with a small knife. Re toast (under a grill) until curled Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Chef:Paul Heathcote
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.