Yield: 4 Servings
|1||Duck; 3 to 4 pounds|
|Oil for deep-frying|
1. Prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce (see recipes).
2. Cut duck meat in 1-½-inch cubes, each with some skin.
3. Beat eggs lightly and blend to a smooth batter with flour, water and salt. Dip duck cubes in batter to coat.
4. Heat oil to boiling. Add duck cubes a few at a time and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Meanwhile reheat sweet-and-pungent sauce. Pour over duck and serve.
VARIATION: Leave duck whole and bone it, keeping its shape and skin intact (see "HOW-TO SECTION"). Brush with 1 egg, beaten; then coat with fine bread crumbs. Repeat. Deep-fry as above, then cut in bite-size pieces. Serve with the sweet-and-pungent sauce.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .