Yield: 2 servings
|1 teaspoon||(rounded) Cardamon|
|9 cups||Flour (approximate)|
---- Manual Bread Making (NOT Converted to B/M) Yield: Three 12" Braided Loaves
* Scald Milk, ADD Sugar, Butter, Salt, and Cardamon. LET COOL ......
* Dissolve Yeast in ¼ cup warm water, ADD Eggs and 2 cups Flour .... Mix well (Dough-hook on KA works well) .... Let REST for 10 or 15 minutes * ADD Flour (7 cups +/-) until a STIFF Dough is formed .... KNEAD, then (cover with Towel) let RISE to DOUBLE in size ....
takes about 2 hours.
* PUNCH Dough down and DIVIDE into 9 equal parts .... ROLL each of the 9 pieces of dough into strips about 18" long ..... then BRAID the dough strips, 3 at a time, into three loaves, each about 12" long overall.
* Place loaves on buttered Cookie Sheets and let RISE to DOUBLE in size .... BAKE at 400 F until crust is DARK BROWN or until Bread is well BAKED.
* Brush a GLAZING Liquid over the Loaves .. ½ cup water, ½ cup Sugar, 1 TBS Butter .. Place back in the Oven for a minute to dry.
Posted on $P BREADS AND PIZZA on 01/06 by JAMES MALIA (DCBC39A) MM by Cathy Svitek