Yield: 12 servings
|8 ounces||Stick butter or margarine softened|
|½ cup||Chunky peanut butter|
|4||1-oz unsweetened chocolate|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|6 ounces||Semisweet chocolate|
|Quick chocolate frosting (recipes follows)|
|⅓ cup||Peanuts; chopped|
Recipe by: 365 Great Chocolate Desserts - ISBN 0-06-016537-5 Preparation Time: 1:20
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 12-cup bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 mins. Add peanut butter and melted chocolate and beat till well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Turn batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake 55 to 60 mins, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 15 mins, then unmold onto a rack and let cool completely.
5. Frost cake all over with Quick Chocolate Frosting. Sprinkle peanuts on top.