Yield: 4 servings
|2 tablespoons||Vegetable oil|
|4||Chicken breast halves, boned & skinned|
|1 can||VEG-ALL Mixed Vegetables (16 oz)|
|1 cup||Chopped onion|
|2 cups||Chicken broth|
|1 cup||Packaged biscuit mix|
|2 tablespoons||Chopped parsley|
|¾ cup||Sour cream|
1. Coat chicken with seasoned flour and saute in oil in heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion; cover and cook five minutes.
3. Drain VEG-ALL and reserve vegetables. Add liquid to chicken broth.
Boil, then simmer
4. Add bay leaf to chicken.
5. Combine biscuit mix, milk, thyme, parsley and reserved vegetables.
6. Drop batter to make 8 dumplings around edge of skillet. Cook 10 minutes; then cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
7. Place chicken and dumplings on plate.
8. Add sour cream and paprika to sauce; serve over chicken and dumplings.