Yield: 4 servings
|4||(8-oz) pieces Hubbard squash|
|½ cup||Light corn syrup|
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|½||12-oz packagefresh or fresh frozen cranberries (1 1/2 C)|
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Discard seeds and stringy portion of squash. Peel squash. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange pieces in a cook-and-serve baking dish.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter and salt; heat to boiling. Pour syrup mixture over squash. Cover dish with foil.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until squash is almost tender. Meanwhile, prepare cranberries.
4. In same saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch and water; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Add cranberries and cook until they're just tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Spoon cranberries over squash. Continue to bake squash, covered, for 10 minutes or until the pieces are tender.
Country Living Holidays/92 Scanned & fixed by Di Pahl & <gg>