Yield: 4 Servings
|8||Lengths of wholewheat lasagne|
|9 tablespoons||Olive oil (divided into 3 & 6 tablespoons)|
|2 mediums||Onions; skinned and chopped|
|1½ pounds||(3/4 kg) of broccoli; washed and chopped into florets|
|2 mediums||Carrots; coarsely shredded|
|1 pounds||(1/2 kg) of fresh tomatoes; skinned and chopped|
|½ pounds||(1/4 kg) of silken tofu|
|3 tablespoons||Soy sauce or tamari|
|3 tablespoons||Tomato paste|
|1 teaspoon||(or more) of freshly ground black pepper|
|Salt and pepper; to taste|
|Vegan mozzarella cheese (if desired, the recipe's below)|
(adapted from a recipe in "The Vegan Cookbook") 1) Fill a large saucepan with water, add a little salt, a few drops of oil, and bring it to a boil. Then add the lasagne. Allow it to come back to a boil, reduce heat, simmer until tender (about 12 minutes). Stir often to prevent the pasta from sticking. When ready, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2) Put 6 tablespoonsful of oil in another large saucepan over low heat.
Saute the onions until transparent.
3) Add the tomatoes, marjoram, salt and pepper to taste, and saute for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Then add the broccoli florets and carrots and cook until tender.
4) Crumble the tofu in a blender, add all the remaining ingredients (except vegan cheese) and blend into a smooth creamy sauce.
5) Arrange the vegetables, lasagne and sauce in alternate layers in a lightly-greased, ovenproof rectangular dish. Finish with a layer of lasagne and sauce. Here, I like to place slices of vegan mozzarella cheese to top it all.
6) Heat in a moderate oven (350 degrees F/180 decrees C) for about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Melissa Lim <astreal@...> on Nov 19, 1997