Yield: 16 Servings
|1 cup||All-purpose flour|
|¾ cup||Chocolate-flavored syrup; canned|
|2 teaspoons||Vanilla extract|
|¾ cup||Chopped walnuts or pecans|
|Pecans or walnuts for garnish|
1. In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs until very creamy and well blended.
2. Add salt.
3. Stir in flour, mixing to blend well.
4. Add chocolate syrup, vanilla and chopped nuts.
5. Turn mixture into well greased and lightly floured 9-inch square pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until a stick inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan on wire rack but loosed cake at edges.
8. Cut into squares. Garnish with pecan or walnut halves or dust with powdered sugar.
FROM "GREAT AMERICAN RECIPES"
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .