Yield: 4 servings
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|1||Clove garlic, peeled and crushed|
|½ cup||Finely chopped onion|
|1 pounds||Boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin slices, 1/2-inch long|
|½ cup||Hot water|
|1||Envelope instant beef broth|
|3 ounces||Can sliced mushrooms,|
|Broiled in butter, drained|
|1 tablespoon||Dry sherry|
|½ teaspoon||Worcestershire sauce|
|drop||(few) Tabasco sauce|
|1 cup||Commercial sour cream|
1. In a heat-resistant, non-metallic, 10-inch skillet place ¼ cup oil and heat on top of a conventional range.
2. Add crushed garlic and chopped onions to hot oil.
3. While onion is browning, combine flour, salt and pepper in a paper or plastic bag and coat beef slices.
4. Brown coated beef slices in hot oil with onion and garlic.
5. When beef slices are browned, add all remaining ingredients, except sour cream, to beef mixture. Stir to combine.
6. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until beef is tender.
7. Add sour cream to beef mixture, stirring constantly.
8. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven an additional 2 minutes or until heated through.