Yield: 4 servings
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|¼ cup||Finely chopped onion|
|1||Clove garlic, peeled and crushed|
|1||Egg, slightly beaten|
|¼ cup||Seasoned bread crumbs|
|⅛ teaspoon||Dried oregano leaves|
|⅓ cup||Seasoned dry bread crumbs|
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine, melted|
1. Remove clams from half shell and chop coarsely. Set clams and shells aside.
2. In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic mixing bowl place 2 tablespoons butter. Heat in Microwave Oven 30 seconds or until melted.
3. Add onion and garlic. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 energy 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add egg, the ¼ cup bread crumbs, chopped
clams and oregano to onion mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into reserved shells. Place shells on a heat- resistant, non-metallic serving platter.
5. In a small bowl combine the ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs and the 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on top of clam mixture.
6. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 5 minutes or until heated through.