Yield: 6 Servings
|1||9" Whole pie shell|
|1 cup||Half and half|
|4 ounces||Shredded mozzarella cheese|
|4 ounces||Shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|1||Green onion; chopped, including tops|
|1 can||French fried onion rings|
1. Place pie dough in 9 inch glass pie dish.
2. With a fork prick sides and bottom of pie shell, to prevent bubbling.
3. Microwave at high (100%) 3Y2 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
4. Place bacon slices on a paper towel, on a paper plate. Cover with a paper towel.
5. Microwave at high (100%) until brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Place on a paper towel to absorb fat. Set aside.
7. In a medium size bowl beat eggs.
8. Blend in half and half. Add cheese and green onions, mixing well.
9. Crumble bacon. Add to mixture. Mix well. Pour into pie shell.
10. Sprinkle onion rings on top. Place pie dish on an inverted saucer in microwave oven.
11. Microwave at medium (50%) until center is almost set, 16 to 18 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 207 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 6, 1997