Yield: 8 servings
|1||11 3/4-oz pk piecrust mix|
|1||12-oz pk fresh or thawed frozen cranberries|
|½ cup||Apple juice or cider|
|4||Large (2 lb) baking apples, cored, peeled and cut into chunks|
|2 cups||Firmly packed light-brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon||Ground cinnamon|
|Pinch of ground cloves|
|¾ cup||Dark seedless raisins|
1. Prepare pastry following package di- rections. Divide pastry into two balls, one slightly larger than the other. Wrap the smaller one with waxed paper. On lightly floured surface, roll out larger ball to 12-inch round. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
2. Heat oven to 425'F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat cranberries and apple juice to boiling over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have popped but before mixture becomes saucy. Remove from heat.
3. In large bowl, toss apples with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves, and raisins. Stir in cranberries. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
4. Roll out remaining pastry to an 11-inch round. With water, moisten edge of pastry lining pie plate. Place pastry round over filling.
Pinch pastry together, fold rim under and crimp edge. Pierce top crust with fork to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake pie about 35 to 45 minutes or until filling bubbles and crust is brown.
Country Living/Nov/90 Scanned & fixed by DP & GG