Yield: 6 servings
|1 cup||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 pinch||Baking Powder|
|4 eaches||Spy Apples|
|1 each||Egg Yolk|
|¼ cup||Whipping Cream|
This has been one of the most requested recipes I have done. Easy and great tasting, serve in squares, pack up for a picnic or for dinner with ice cream. Decrease sugar to ½ cup if you like it less sweet.
1. In bowl sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. With fingers pat into 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
4. Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
5. Arrange on top of kuchen dough.
6. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples.
7. In bowl, beat egg yolk and cream together. Drizzle around apples.
8. Bake at 350 F for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is soft.
9. Serve warm or cool.
From Article: Lucy's Favorites by Lucy Waverman in column Food, Toronto Sun, 28 June, 1995.
Transcribed By: S. Lefkowitz