Yield: 4 Dozen
|1 cup||All purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|½ cup||Vegetable shortening|
|½ cup||Packed light brown sugar|
|½ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 teaspoon||Warm water|
|2 cups||Flaked coconut|
|½ cup||Rolled oats|
|½ cup||Diced; peeled apples|
1. Preheat oven to 375~F. Grease two baking sheets.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream the shortening and both sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in the warm water and add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in the coconut, oats and apples.
5. Drop by spoonfuls 1½ inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen.
Posted to EAT-L Digest by JGreene274@... on Nov 2, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.