|½ pack||Piecrust mix (or, pie crust for single-crust pie)|
|4 cups||Chopped fresh broccoli|
|1||Medium-size onion, chopped (1/2 cup)|
|1 cup||Light cream|
|½ cup||Shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
|1 cup||Freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|½ cup||Packaged bread crumbs|
|3||Medium-size firm tomatoes, thinly sliced|
**Makes 8 main dish servings or 20 appetizer servings 1. Prepare piecrust mix following label directions, or make your own single-crust pastry recipe. Roll out to a 15x11 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; fit into an 11x7-inch baking dish. Turn edges under and press to sides.
2. Cook broccoli and onion, covered, in large skillet over medium heat with butter and water just until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Beat cream and eggs together in medium-size bowl; stir in Swiss cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add broccoli mixture.
4. Combine Parmesan and bread crumbs in small bowl.
5. To assemble quiche: Sprinkle ⅓ cup Parmesan mixture on bottom of crust. Dip tomato slices on both sides in Parmesan mixture and arrange half in a layer in the crust. Pour broccoli mixture over tomatoes. Arrange remaining tomatoes, overlapping, along the long edges of quiche. Sprinkle any remaining cheese mixture on top.
6. Bake in a moderate oven (375 degrees) for 60 minutes or until top is puffy and knife comes out clean when inserted near center. Cool 20 minutes before cutting. Posted to EAT-L Digest 09 Mar 97 by "Elizabeth A. Post" <millefiore@...> on Mar 9, 1997
Random recipe of the day