|2½ cup||All-purpose flour|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|2 cups||Pecans -- ground|
|⅔ cup||Dark corn syrup|
1. Do not sift flour. Place flour in large bowl. Using pastry blender, blend in the margarine until coarse crumbs form.
2. Slightly beat the egg yolk and stir into flour along with sour cream. Mix well. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
3. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
4. Mix the nuts and corn syrup in small bowl.
5. Roll out half the dough (keeping other half in refrigerator) until dough is 1/8th inch thick. Cut dough into 2 inch squares. Place ½ teaspoon filling on each square, placing diagonally on dough. Moisten the 2 opposite corners slightly with water; fold over filling and press edges together with your fingers.
6. Bake on cookie sheet in preheated 400-degree oven for 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. When cool, sprinkle with sifted confectioner's sugar. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
Yield: About 8 dozen squares.
Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill
Random recipe of the day
Mashed potatoes and leeksawns wrapped in zucchini with a red pepper