|400 grams||Chicken breast or thigh fillets|
|1||Lemon; juice of|
|3 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|2 slices||Fresh pineapple; (optional)|
|100 grams||Small mushrooms|
|1 small||Spanish onion|
|1 cup||Long grain rice|
|½ cup||Raw shelled peas|
|½ cup||Tinned sweet corn; drained|
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Mix together the juice from the lemon, the olive oil and rosemary and mix with the chicken pieces. Leave for
2. Boil the rice in salted water for 10 minutes or until soft then drain.
Return the rice to the saucepan with the peas and corn. Add 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine and stir well to mix. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Cut the red and green capsicums into chunks. Cut the pineapple and Spanish onion into small pieces. When the chicken is ready, drain the meat from the liquid and thread onto metal skewers (or wooden ones), alternating chicken, capsicum, pineapple, mushrooms and onion.
4. Place under a hot grill and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are softened.
5. Serve the skewers on the warm rice salad.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Per serving: 893 Calories (kcal); 45g Total Fat; (41% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 137g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 16mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2½ Vegetable; 8 Fruit; 8 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0n.
Random recipe of the day