|1 small||Onion, finely chopped|
|15 grams||Fresh ginger, finely grated|
|3||Cloves garlic, finely|
|225 grams||Tomatoes, peeled and chopped|
|2 teaspoons||Chilli powder|
|1 tablespoon||Ground coriander|
|½ teaspoon||Ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon||Garam masala|
|600 millilitres||Boiling water|
|1 kilograms||Lamb, trimmed and cubed|
|225 grams||Potatoes, peeled|
|Leaves from 1 sprig of|
1. Heat the ghee in a large saucepan, add the onion, ginger and garlic and fry until the onion is golden.
2. Add the tomato, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, ½ teaspooon salt and garam masala. Stir and continue to fry until the fat runs clear of the spices, then add boiling water and mix well.
3. Add the meat and cook, covered, over a low heat for about 1 hour, until tender and the sauce is thick.
4. Add the potato and a little extra water, if necessary, and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until tender but not soft.
5. Sprinkle on the coriander leaves and extra salt to taste.
Compiled by Imran C.
Posted to EAT-L Digest 16 Dec 96 From: "Imran C." <imranc@...> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:36:52 +1000
Random recipe of the day