|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|1||Green chilli; chopped|
|2||Cloves garlic; crushed|
|500 grams||Plum tomatoes; skinned and chopped|
|75 millilitres||White wine; (3 fl oz)|
|1 tablespoon||Tomato puree|
|250 grams||Tagliatelle; (8oz)|
|1||400 gram bag frozen seafood cocktail; defrosted|
|2 tablespoons||Freshly chopped basil|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|40 grams||Parmesan cheese; grated (1 1/2 oz)|
|6||Pitted black olives; up to 8|
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, chilli and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, wine and tomato puree, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions.
4. Add the seafood cocktail, basil and seasoning to the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the drained pasta, toss to combine and transfer to a warmed serving dish. Sprinkle over the parmesan and olives.
Alternative ingredients- -A little chilli powder may be used instead of a fresh green chilli. -For extra convenience, use canned chopped tomatoes in place of fresh. -As an alternative to the seafood cocktail, try using a mixture of prawns and cooked, diced chicken.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : This delicious fresh tomato and seafood sauce is also ideal served with rice or simply with chunks of ciabatta.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Random recipe of the day