|3 packs||Active dry yeast|
|8 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 cup||Butter or margarine|
DIRECTIONS FOR SWEET DOUGH
1. In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, yeast, and 2 cups flour. In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, slowly heat milk and butter until very warm (120 to 130 F) (butter does not need to melt.) With mixer at low speed, gradually beat liquid into dry ingredients.
Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes more, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
2. Beat in eggs and 2 cups flour; continue beating 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
3. With spoon, stir in enough additional flour (about 4½ c) to
make a soft dough.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Shape into a ball.
5. Turn over in greased large bowl to grease top; Cover; let rise in warm place until dough is doubled, about 1 hour.
6. Punch down dough. On lightly floured surface, divide into pieces as recipes direct. Cover. Let rest 15 minutes.
Random recipe of the day