|1⅛ cup||Butter; softened|
|1⅛ cup||Salad oil|
|1⅛ cup||Powdered sugar; sifted if It is lump|
|1⅛ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|⅔ tablespoon||Cream of tartar|
|Extra sugar (for dipping)|
1. Cream the butter and sugars, then add oil and mix well.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt together, then add to above and mix well.
4. Refrigerate overnight, or until dough is firm. If you want to speed this up, put the dough in the freezer, but keep an eye on it.
5. Preheat oven to 175 C .
6. Drop dough in 3ml amounts on an ungreased cookie sheet. Dip a glass in dough and wipe excess off. Then dip the glass in sugar and flatten a cookie. Repeat the dip-in-sugar flatten-cookie sequence until all are done.
The cookies won't spread in baking, so you can easily judge how far apart to put them (you want room to cook, but not to grow). If you find that the dough is getting too soft to flatten easily, put it in the refrigerator between batches.
7. Bake for about 5-6 minutes, until the edges are JUST beginning to turn golden brown. Take off the cookie sheet and put on waxed paper or foil to cool.
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 15:00:58 -0700 From: Gerald Edgerton <jerrye@...> Recipe By : Vicki O'Day Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, Palo Alto CA MC-Recipe Digest #120
From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day