|2 cups||Unsifted flour|
|¾ cup||Firmly packed brown sugar|
|¾ cup||Butter; cold|
|¾ cup||Chopped nuts|
|14 ounces||Sweetened condensed milk|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar and egg; cut in ½ cup butter until crumbly, stir in nuts.
3. Reserving 2 cups of the crumb mixture, press remainder firnly on bottom of a greased 13 X 9 baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a heavy saucepan over low heat melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk and remaining ¼ cup butter.
5. Pour over prepared crust, top with remaining crumb mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
7. Cool and cut into bars, store loosely covered at room temperature.
NOTES : Variation: Melt 2 oz of unsweetened chocolate with caramels and proceed as above.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 351 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Dec 09, 1997
Random recipe of the day