|4½ cup||Chicken stock (see index)|
|3||Eggs; slightly beaten|
|½ cup||Grated Swiss cheese|
|3 tablespoons||Grated Parmesan cheese|
|6 slices||Bread; toasted|
1. Bring 3-½ cups stock to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
2. Combine eggs and flour. Stir in cheeses, nutmeg and salt. Gradually stir in remaining stock.
3. Stir a small amount of hot stock into egg mixture.
4. Slowly stir egg mixture into simmering stock.
5. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Remove crust from bread. Toast, then cut into quarters. Float on soup.
Garnish with chopped parsley.
WILSON AVENUE, ST. LOUIS
WINE: CORVO SALAPARUTA
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day