|1 pounds||String beans|
|1 tablespoon||Chinese white cheese|
1. Stem string beans; cut or break in 1-½ inch sections, and parboil.
2. Blend Chinese white cheese with cold stock and sugar.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic and brown lightly. Add string beans and stir-fry to coat with oil.
4. Stir in and heat white cheese mixture; then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Serve at once. VARIATIONS: 1. For the string beans, substitute broccoli or cauliflower, parboiled; or else celery or mustard cabbage, blanched.
2. In step 2, add to the white cheese mixture 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sherry, 2 teaspoons white cheese liquid from jar, and 1 slice fresh ginger root, minced.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day