|1 cup||Bamboo shoots|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|2½ tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|3 tablespoons||Water (up to)|
1. Shell and devein shrimp; cut in 1-inch sections.
2. Slice bamboo shoots and onion thin. Mince ginger root.
3. In one cup, combine sherry, soy sauce and sugar. In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish. Quickly stir in sherry-soy mixture to blend.
5. Add ginger root; stir-fry a few times more. Then add bamboo shoots and onions. Stir-fry until onions are translucent (about 2 minutes).
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day