|½ pounds||Chicken livers|
|¼ cup||Bamboo shoots|
|¼ cup||Water chestnuts|
|1||Scallion stalk (up to)|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
1. Cut chicken livers in ½-inch slices. Add sherry, toss gently, and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile slice bamboo shoots thin, then in ½-inch strips. Slice water chestnuts. Mince scallion.
3. Heat oil. Add livers and stir-fry until they change color (about 1 minute).
4. Add soy sauce and remaining sherry, stirring to blend in (about ½ minute).
5. Add bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir-fry a few times. Then add stock and salt and stir-fry to heat through.
6. Add sugar and scallion; stir-fry ½ minute more. Serve at once.
VARIATION: For the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts, substitute any of the following: blanched bean sprouts; celery, cut in ½-inch sections; broccoli or cauliflower (broken into flowerets), parboiled.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day