|2 teaspoons||Fermented black beans|
|3 drops||Sesame oil; more or less|
|1 teaspoon||Soy sauce|
1. Soak fermented black beans.
2. Skin and bone chicken; then cut in strips. Cut bitter melon lengthwise in half and scoop out seeds; then cut in strips and parboil 3 minutes.
3. Mince garlic and mash with soaked black beans.
4. Combine stock, cornstarch, sherry and sesame oil.
5. Heat oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes). Remove from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Add black bean mixture and stir-fry a few times. Add bitter melon and stir-fry to heat through (about 1 minute).
7. Return chicken; then stir in stock mixture and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
8. Stir in sugar and soy sauce to blend in (about 1 minute more). Serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day