|2 cups||Bamboo shoots|
|½ cup||Chicken breast|
|½ cup||Smoked ham|
|¼ cup||Water chestnuts|
1. Cut bamboo shoots lengthwise in 2-inch strips.
2. Mince chicken together with smoked ham and water chestnuts.
3. Blend egg whites with cornstarch; then add to minced ingredients and mix to a smooth paste.
4. Roll bamboo strips one at a time in the paste to coat well and arrange on a heatproof dish.
5. Steam for 10 minutes (see "How-to Section"). Serve hot, garnished with Chinese parsley.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day