|6||Whole acorn squash|
|6 tablespoons||Butter or margarine; melted|
|1 tablespoon||Cider vinegar|
|6 tablespoons||Maple syrup**|
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Split each squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds and fiber from centers. Slice a thin piece from each bottom so they will rest flat in the pan.
2. Place squash in a shallow baking dish. Mix spices together and sprinkle over squash.
3. Mix melted butter with vinegar; drizzle over squash.
4. Add ½ Tbs. maple syrup to each cavity. Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 and ¾ hours.
5. Remove foil; baste. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Recipe by: rec.food.cooking
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 548 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Jan 18, 1998
Random recipe of the day