|6||Dried black mushrooms|
|1 cup||Cooked lobster meat|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|¼ teaspoon||Garlic powder|
1. Separately soak dried mushrooms and vermicelli (peastarch noodles).
2. Shred lobster meat. Mince ginger root; then combine with soy sauce, sherry, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add to lobster and toss gently.
3. Shred celery and soaked mushrooms. Cut vermicelli in 5- to 6-inch lengths.
4. Bring stock to a boil. Add soaked vermicelli; simmer, covered, 4 minutes. Add celery and mushrooms and simmer, covered, another 3 minutes.
5. Add lobster shreds and simmer 3 minutes more. Shred scallions; sprinkle over as a garnish and serve.
NOTE: This recipe calls for cooked lobster meat. When using live lobster, parboil it 2 minutes, rinse in cold water; then shell.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day