|1 each||Head Garlic|
|3 eaches||Whole Boneless Chicken Breasts|
|¼ cup||All-Purpose Flour|
|1 tablespoon||Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary <OR> 1 ts. dried|
|3 tablespoons||Olive Oil|
|4 ounces||Smoked Ham; diced|
|1 large||Red Onion; cut in wedges or thickly sliced|
|3 eaches||Tomatoes; peeled and chopped|
|1 each||Bay Leaf|
|½ cup||Black Sun-Dried Olives; chopped|
|¼ cup||Finely Chopped Parsley|
This exciting, full-flavored Mediterranean dish tastes of the sun.
Prepare the dish until it's ready for the oven, refrigerate and bake when needed.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Add garlic to pot of cold water and bring to boil. Boil 3 minutes, drain and peel garlic cloves.
3. Cut chicken breasts into two pieces down the centre. Cut each half in thirds.
4. In a shallow dish, combine flour with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary.
5. Coat chicken pices with flour.
6. Heat oil in alarge frying pan on high heat.
7. Brown chicken in batches about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
8. Remove with a slotted spoon to a large ovenproof casserole.
9. Turn heat to medium-low.
10. Add ham, onions, garlic and remaining rosemary.
11. Saute until onions are goden brown, about 10 miuntes.
12. Add tomatoes and brandy.
13. Bring to boil.
14. Scrape contents of skillet over chicken, add bay leaf and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
15. Stir in olives and sprinkle with parsley.
From Article: Lucy's Favorites by Lucy Waverman in column Food, Toronto Sun, 28 June, 1995.
Transcribed By: S. Lefkowitz
Random recipe of the day