|½||Stick butter; (4 tablespoons)|
|1 cup||Chopped onions|
|½ cup||Chopped bell peppers|
|Salt; (to taste)|
|Cayenne; (to taste)|
|¼ cup||Chopped; seeded, and peeled|
|; tomatoes or 1/2 cup|
|; chopped canned|
|1 pounds||Medium shrimp peeled and de-veined|
|2 tablespoons||Chopped parsley|
|½ cup||Recipe Basic Savory Pie Crust|
|¼ cup||Parmigrano grated cheese|
|3||And 1/4 cups flour|
|1||And 1/3 cups cold lard or solid vegetable|
|4 tablespoons||Ice water; (4 to 5)|
BASIC SAVORY PIE CRUST
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Saute for about 8 minutes, or until golden and wilted. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. Dissolve the flour in the water and add to the pan. Stir for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
3. Place the crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and crimp the edges.
Pour the shrimp mixture into the pie crust. Sprinkle cheese on top. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the edges of the pie crust are golden. Cool for several minutes.
4. Cut into wedges to serve.
Basic Savory Pie Crust:
1. Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the lard and work it in with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, working it in with your hands. Add only as much as you need to make a smooth ball of dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a lightly floured surface. For 2 crusts, cut the dough in two and put the second half back in the refrigerator. For each crust, roll the dough out on the floured surface into a circle about 12 inches in diameter and ⅛ inch thick. Gently fold the circle of dough in half and then in half again so that you can lift it without tearing it, and unfold into a 9-inch pie pan.
3. Fill and proceed as directed in the recipe.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : From Emeril Lagasse
Recipe by: Good Morning America Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Random recipe of the day