|750 grams||Salt Cod|
|310 millilitres||Olive Oil|
|2||Cloves Garlic; (chopped)|
|½ teaspoon||Lemon Juice|
|1 pinch||White Pepper|
|Finely Chopped Parsley to Garnish|
|French Bread Croutes; (fried in Olive Oil|
|; & then rubbed with|
1. Soak the salt cod in cold water for 2 days, changing the water several times.
2. Drain the cod and put it into the pan of cold water just to cover.
3. Bring just to the boil and then poach over a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes until just tender.
4. Drain the fish and allow to cool slightly before flaking with a fork and discarding all the skin and bone.
5. Heat the oil in a saucepan until very hot. Scald the milk in another saucepan.
6. Put the fish into a food processor and add the hot oil a little at a time, pulsing the processor rather than mixing continuously.
7. The mixture should not be overworked or it will become too soft and lack texture.
8. When the oil has been added, continue with the milk, once again adding the liquid a little at a time.
9. The finished puree should be white, smooth and stiff enough to hold its shape.
10. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice, nutmeg and pepper before spooning the mixture into separate bowls and surrounding with the croutes.
11. Sprinkle with chopped parsley Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Chef:Greg Robinson
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Random recipe of the day