|1¼ cup||All-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Root beer (do not use diet)|
|¾ cup||Packed light brown sugar|
|4 ounces||Unsalted butter, softened|
|2 teaspoons||Pure vanilla extract|
|6 tablespoons||Root beer|
|1¼ cup||Confectioners' sugar|
|2 ounces||Unsalted butter, softened|
|½ teaspoon||Pure vanilla extract|
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch springform pan.
2. For cake, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Put 1 cup root beer in a small saucepan; boil, uncovered, until it is reduced to ½ cup, about 5 minutes. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stop the mixer and add the reduced root beer and vanilla. Mix just to combine. Fold in the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula.
4. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Poke holes all over top with a toothpick. Brush with about 3 tablespoons of the root beer. Remove the sides from the pan and cool cake completely.
5. For frosting, mix remaining 3 tablespoons root beer, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl to make a thin frosting.
Spread over top of cooled cake, letting it drip down the sides.
Posted By japlady@... (Rebecca Radnor) On rec.food.recipes or rec.food.cooking
Random recipe of the day