|1 pounds||Italian sausage, cut in 1" pieces (remove casings if desired)|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1||Bell pepper, chopped|
|2||Cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 can||(12-oz.) tomato paste|
|1 can||(16-oz.) stewed or diced tomatoes|
|¼ teaspoon||Dried crushed red pepper|
|1¼ teaspoon||Dried oregano|
|1 pack||(12 or 16 oz) of Rigatoni|
|Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired|
1. In heavy dutch oven, brown sausage pieces.
2. Remove sausage and add onion and bell pepper. Cook until tender.
3. Return sausage to pot and add remaining ingredients (except for Rigatoni).
4. Bring mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 1-½ to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. When sauce is done, cook rigatoni to al dente perfection. Drain, toss lightly with butter, then serve with sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by poobery@... (Jayni G. Mosher) on Feb 22, 1997.
Random recipe of the day