|1 quart||Fresh strawberries|
|1||Pouch liquid pectin|
1. Remove caps from strawberries. Crush berries, one layer at a time. Trim (do not peel) rhubarb. Thinly slice or chop stalks. Add water. Cover and simmer 2 minutes or until soft. Add to the prepared strawberries.
2. Measure 3½ cup of prepared fruit. If it measures slightly less, add water. Place measured fruit in a 6 or 8- quart saucepan.
3. Measure sugar exactly and set aside. Open liquid pectin and set the pouch upright in a cup.
4. Stir sugar into prepared fruit. The saucepan must be no more than one-third full to allow for a full rolling boil.
5. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
6. Stir in pectin at once. Quickly skim off foam with a large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into hot jars, leaving ¼- inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jar rims and threads clean.
7. Immediately cover jars with hot canning lids. Screw bands on firmly.
8. Place jars in a boiling water bath, carefully setting jars on rack in canner of boiling water. Cover canner and return water to a boil; boil 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars from canner and let cool. Check seals and store in a cool, dry place.
Random recipe of the day