|1 cup||Lean pork|
|1 cup||Chinese cabbage stems|
1. Shred pork. Shell, devein and sliver shrimp. Shred Chinese cabbage stems and onion.
2. Heat oil. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
3. Add shrimp, Chinese cabbage and onion; stir-fry about 1 minute more.
Then cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat. Drain and let cool.
4. Beat eggs. Stir in salt and stir-fried ingredients.
5. Either pan-fry or deep fry as in the "Basic Egg Foo Yungs". VARIATIONS: 1. For the pork, substitute crabmeat. For the Chinese cabbage, substitute celery. In step 2, stir-fry the celery and onions to soften. Then add crabmeat with the shrimp in step 3.
2. In step 3, before cooking the shrimp and vegetables, covered, sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ½ teaspoon sugar.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day