|1 bunch||Green onions|
|1 cup||Reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|3 tablespoons||Reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|½ pounds||Turkey tenders; cut into 2 x 1/4 x 1/4-inch strips|
|⅓ cup||Peanut butter|
|1 tablespoon||Chili sauce; or ketchup|
|2 tablespoons||Rice-wine vinegar|
|2 teaspoons||Dark asian sesame oil|
|2 teaspoons||Fresh ginger; grated|
|½ teaspoon||Hot-pepper sauce; (up to 1)|
|1||Sweet red pepper; thinly sliced|
|1||Yellow pepper; thinly sliced|
|¼ cup||Chopped fresh cilantro|
1. Bring large pot lightly salted water to boiling for pasta.
2. Cut off white ends of onions; chop; reserve. Slice green tops into 2-inch slivers; place in large bowl.
3. Combine chicken broth, soy sauce and chopped white part of green onion in skillet. Bring to simmering. Add turkey; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove turkey with slotted spoon to the large bowl.
4. Pour cooking liquids into blender. Add peanut butter, chili sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and hot-pepper sauce. Whirl until smooth.
5. Cook linguine in boiling water for 11 minutes or until firm but tender.
Drain; rinse under cold running water; drain well. Add to the large bowl along with the sweet peppers; toss. (Can be made up to 4 hours ahead up to this point and refrigerated.)
6. Add peanut sauce; toss to mix to coat noodles. Sprinkle with cilantro.
serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe by: Family Circle Magazine 8/5/97 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #944 by "Nitro_II " <Nitro_II@...> on Dec 4, 97
Random recipe of the day