|3 larges||Onion; chopped|
|3||Eggs plus 1 yolk|
|150 grams||Almonds; toasted and chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Coriander seeds|
|1 teaspoon||Cumin seeds|
|1 tablespoon||Grated ginger root|
|Olive oil and cooking oil|
|Salt and pepper; to taste|
1. Grind spices
2. Cook chicken in oil to brown.
3. . Stir in onions
4. .Stir in salt, pepper and spices.
5.. Let cook until dry.
6. Add ½ a cups water or chicken broth.
7. Simmer covered for 40 to 45 minutes. Adding more water if needed and turning pieces a few times while cooking.
8. Once cooked , transfer chicken to a plate. Let cool and cut into bite size pieces.
9. Meanwhile , let the sauce reduce by half until thick.
10. Arrange phyllo leaves in a spring form pan , oiled. Place 1 leaf in the bottom and arrange 8, overlapping on sides of pan, in such a way that they surpass the boards of the pan. Oiling each leaf as you go.
11. Beat eggs and egg yolk and stir into sauce and cook until it becomes creamy.
12. Arrange chicken in the bottom of prepared pan. Top it with almonds and then with the cream. Keep alternating layers in this fashion.
13. Cover with 1 phyllo leaf . Baste with oil.
14. Turn the part of the leaves toward the middle on top of the filling.
15. Baste top with oil.
16. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 45 minutes.
17. Let stand 10 minutes.
18. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top and serve.
NOTES : In my opinion one of the most wonderful dishes ever.
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #716 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Aug 03, 1997
Random recipe of the day