|2¾ cup||Unsifted all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon||Baking powder|
|2||Sticks (8 oz) cold butter,|
|Cut into tablespoon-sized|
|⅔ cup||Whipping cream|
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, or with your fingers, until texture resembles coarse meal. Add currants and milk.
3. Lightly whisk eggs and cream together; add to dry ingredients.
Combine with large wooden spoon or with hands until dough barely holds together; do not overmix. (Dough should be slightly sticky, not dry. Add a little more cream if necessary.) 4. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
5. Portion the dough by using an ice cream scoop, or divide the dough in half and pat into 2 flattened disks. Cut each disk into 8 triangular shaped scones. Place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Data per scone: Calories.......276 Carbohydrates......29g Monounaturated fat....5g Protein.........4g Sodium...........336mg Polyunsaturated fat...1g Fat............17g Saturated fat......10g Cholesterol.........74mg
Random recipe of the day