|8||Beef bouillon cubes|
|3 mediums||White onions|
|1 teaspoon||Black pepper|
|¾ cup||All-purpose flour|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
|1¼ cup||Shredded Cheddar cheese|
|¼ cup||Shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
Serves 4 as an appetizer
1. Heat the water to boiling in a large pan. Add the bouillon cubes and dissolve.
2. Cut the onions into thin slices, then quarter the slices. Add to the broth.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Bring the mixture back to boiling, then turn the heat down and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
5. While stirring, sift the flour into the soup. Continue to stir if any large lumps of flour develop. Be careful when you stir; aggressive agitation or using a whisk may tear the onions apart. As the soup continues to cook, any lumps should dissolve.
6. After 30 minutes of additional simmering, add the cream and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Continue to simmer the soup for another 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Serve the soup hot after sprinkling a tablespoon each of shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar on top.
This recipe comes from Todd Wilber's cookbook "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes"
Posted to recipelu-digest by "Ce" <cbrom@...> on Mar 2, 1998
Random recipe of the day