|⅓ cup||Packed light-brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Butter; melted|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|3 tablespoons||Butter; melted|
|2 teaspoons||Orange zest; grated|
|1 tablespoon||Granulated sugar|
|½ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|¼ cup||Raisins; chopped|
1. Coat 12-cup muffin-pan tin with nonstick cooking spray. Divide walnuts evenly among muffin cups.
2. Combine sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoonful into each muffin cup.
3. Prepare Muffins: Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Blend butter, honey, orange zest and egg in another bowl. Beat in milk. Stir flour mixture into milk mixture just until combined. Spoon half the batter into muffin cups.
4. Combine sugar, cinnamon andraisins. Sprinkle over muffins. Top with remaining batter. Place pan on foil-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated 375-F oven for 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool pan on rack 5 minutes. Invert muffins onto waxed-paper-lined tray. Spoon any remaining sticky mixture in pans over muffins.
Nutrient Value Per Muffin: 219 calories, 4 g protein, 8 g fat, 34 g carbohydrate, 234 mg sodium, 31 mg cholesterol.
Exchanges: 1 starch/bread, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
NOTE: Surprisingly easy sticky buns: 1. Spoon crunchy walnuts, then the topping mix-buttery cinnamon honey-on the bottom 2. Add half the batter, top with raisin mixture for a surprise in center; add remaining batter.
3. Remove muffins to a warm plate, and spoon on top any honey topping that remains in pan.
Recipe by: Family Circle Magazine 7/18/95 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #941 by "Nitro_II " <Nitro_II@...> on Dec 1, 97
Random recipe of the day