|4 tablespoons||Milk or light cream|
|Few grains pepper|
|1 tablespoon||Butter or margarine|
1. In a medium-sized bowl combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper; beat until well blended.
2. Melt butter in a 10-inch, heat-resistant, non-metallic pie pan in Microwave Oven 30 seconds. Rotate pan so it is completely coated with butter.
3. Pour egg mixture into pie pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
4. Heat in Microwave Oven 1½ minutes.
5. With a rubber spatula or fork, move cooked eggs toward center.
6. Heat, covered with plastic wrap, in Microwave Oven 1 ¼ minutes.
7. Let stand, covered, at least 1 ½ minutes.
8. Loosen egg from pie pan with a rubber spatula. Fold omelet in half and place on a heat-resistant, non-metallic serving platter. If omelet is not cooked enough, return omelet to Microwave Oven for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Variations: Cheese Omelet: Sprinkle omelet with ½ cup shredded cheese after
Step 6. Cover and return to Microwave Oven for an ad-ditional 30 seconds to melt cheese. Continue with Step 7.
Bacon Omelet: Cook bacon before preparing omelet. Crumble bacon into egg mixture during Step 1. If desired, some of the bacon drippings may be used in
place of the butter.
Western Omelet: Add ¼ cup chopped onion ¼ cup chopped green pepper and ¼ cup diced ham to egg mixture during Step 1 Heat an additional 1 minute during Steps 4 and 6.
Onion Omelet: Add ½ cup sauteed onions to egg mixture during Step 1.
Random recipe of the day