|1 pounds||Ground beef|
|1 small||Onion, diced (1 cup)|
|1 large||Carrot, diced (1 cup)|
|3||Celery ribs, chopped (1 cup)|
|2||Garlic cloves, minced|
|2 cans||Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz. ea)|
|15 ounces||Red kidney beans, with|
|15 ounces||Great northern beans, with|
|15 ounces||Tomato sauce|
|12 ounces||V-8 juice|
|1 tablespoon||White vinegar|
|½ pounds||Ditali pasta (1/2 package)|
1. Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Drain off most of the fat.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic, and saute for 10 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
4. About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook the pasta in 1½ to 2 quarts of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, or slighty tough. Drain.
5. Add the pasta to the large pot of soup. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by "Robert Ellis" <rpearson@...> on Oct 31, 1998
Random recipe of the day